TITLE Turok Evolution
DEVELOPER Acclaim Studios
US PUBLISHER Acclaim
UK PUBLISHER Acclaim
NORDIC PUBLISHER Acclaim
ONLINE PLAY No
SCREENS ADDED: 16 Mar-2005
Official Fact Sheet:
Turok: Evolution is a prequel that takes us back to the origins of the Turok lineage. In the beginning of the game, we see our hero, Tal’Set, fighting his nemesis Captain Tobias Bruckner in 1886 Texas. During the battle, a rift between their world and the Lost Lands opens and Tal’Set is sucked into it.
Tal’Set, injured and near death, is nursed back to health by the natives of the River Village, a colony in hiding from the Lost Land’s greatest threat: the Lord Tyrannus and his reptilian hordes. Tal’Set becomes a reluctant participant in the brutal war that is raging in the Lost Land. Bent on a “holy mission” to purify the land through slaughter and misery, Tyrannus appoints a new general to his armies, and Tal’Set discovers to his horror that it is Bruckner, who was also swept into the Lost Lands through the rift.
Turok: Evolution is an epic adventure of treachery, exploration, and war in a land of lush jungles, suspended cities, mysterious temples, reptile armies, and towering dinosaurs.
- Ground-breaking Squad Dynamics System (S.D.S.) creates incredibly realistic enemy and allied squad AI;
- Entirely new game engine built to take full advantage of the next-generation hardware platforms;
- All-new weapons including Variable Payload Cruise Missiles, Gravity Disrupter Beams, and the Swarm Bore each with unique traits and damage;
- Advanced FPS artificial intelligence;
- Flight sequences enable players to soar through the skies on a winged Pteranodon;
- Scripted event sequences that bring the world to life with stunning detail;
- 32 different types of prehistoric and indigenous life with frightening realism;
- Destructible objects and environments: shoot down trees onto enemies and collapse massive rock spires onto dinosaurs;
- Stealth and action based gameplay directed by context-sensitive, mission-based sequences;
- Fantastic multiplayer fun developed by a dedicated team of designers, programmers and artists.
- Lush, living jungle environments: plants move as dinosaurs brush against them and trees sway in the wind.