TITLE EA Sports MMA
DEVELOPER EA Sports
US PUBLISHER Electronic Arts
UK PUBLISHER Electronic Arts
NORDIC PUBLISHER Electronic Arts
ONLINE PLAY Yes
SCREENS ADDED: 16 Apr-2010
SCREENS ADDED: 12 Mar-2010
Official Fact Sheet:
EA SPORTS MMA brings the authenticity of the world’s most intense combat sport home like never before. Choose from the world’s top fighters or climb the ranks of the worldwide circuit with your created prodigy to become the ultimate MMA champion. Travel the globe and learn a multitude of fighting techniques and skills from masters in each discipline. Select from various weight classes, rule sets, and take on all challengers in multiple cage types or a ring. The challenge continues online with the most robust offering for any MMA videogame, including the ability to create and share custom fighters, Belt Race, and more. Are you ready? Let’s get it on!
- The Definitive MMA Experience – Featuring multiple disciplines, rule sets, locations, and fighters from all over the globe, EA SPORTS will represent it all authentically. Throw down in a ring, hexagonal or circular cage. Environments come to life with ring girls, corner men and referees. When fighting in STRIKEFORCE, matches will be officiated by the best in the business – Big John McCarthy. Ring announcer Jimmy Lennon Jr. provides fighter introductions, while MMA legend Frank Shamrock and Mauro Ranallo call the action.
- Fight on a Live Broadcast – Once selected by an EA SPORTS promoter, you will have the opportunity to have your online fight broadcast viewed by gamers all around the world via the console or web! EA SPORTS Live Broadcast is one of the new and highly innovative online features for EA SPORTS MMA. Create your fighter, produce your hype video and get noticed by an EA SPORTS promoter and fight for real world prizes and online fame! In addition, your fight will feature live commentary calling every move!
- Career Mode – In career mode, you will have the opportunity to train around the globe with top MMA trainers like Randy Couture, Pat Miletich, Rickson Gracie and Bas Rutten. Visit gyms in Japan, Brazil, Thailand and the United States to learn new skills and techniques. Choose what techniques you want to improve and then go out and perform the actual drills to improve your skills. Bring your created fighter up through the ranks to attempt to make one of biggest stages in mixed martial arts – STRIKEFORCE. No career mode will ever be the same, ensuring a unique experience each and every time.
- Create a Fighter/Fighter Share – Put yourself into the world of MMA training and fighting and begin your quest to become a champion! Upload photos of yourself or others and use Photo Game Face to create your own, personalized roster of fighters. Display and share these create-a-fighters via Fighter Share by uploading and browsing other created fighters. In addition, through Fighter Share players can download and try out any fighters!
- Customize Your Own Fight Card – Become a fight promoter and set up a night of fights with your friends. With the ability to host four fights per card with up to 10 people connected, you can challenge each other to fights, talk trash and provide your own commentary.
- Belt Race – Fighting online allows you to earn experience and level up through the belt ranks so everyone can see your skill and dedication. In addition, you will gain contender points which will earn you a shot at a STRIKEFORCE championship bout where you can win an online belt and take on all challengers to defend your title.
- Total Strike Control – Go on the offensive with Total Strike Control; an intuitive control system for striking, elbows, knees and kicks. Total Strike Control is accessible via analog sticks or face buttons, providing the utmost flexibility.
- Feel the Fight – Controller rumble acts as an alert to simulate body movement when an opponent attempts to advance position. Take notice and use the small window of opportunity to counter or defend.
- Submission Battles – Using an intuitive system, opponents must strategically manage their advances or counters to secure the desired outcome; button mashing is the road to failure. Properly manage your stamina because in MMA you must be smart as well as strong.
- And In This Corner – EA SPORTS MMA will feature a vast array of fighters in its roster, including two world class fighters Fedor Emelianenko and Randy Couture. MMA legends Frank Shamrock and Dan Henderson, as well as international stars Shinya Aoki and Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza showcase global variety. Every fighter will use their distinct style and fight like their real-life counterparts.