TITLE Worms 3D
DEVELOPER Team 17
US PUBLISHER SEGA of America
UK PUBLISHER SEGA Europe
NORDIC PUBLISHER SEGA Europe
ONLINE PLAY No
SCREENS ADDED: 04 Jul-2003
Official Fact Sheet:
The ?Worms? phenomenon has taken the gaming world by storm for many years, gripping the minds of players through its simple appearance yet cunningly designed interior. Finally, to the excitement of fans everywhere ?Worms? comes to PC and console in full 3D. Continuing to capture the true essence of the game as teams of worms battle across bizarre randomly generated landscapes, or across finely crafted custom-designed levels utilizing an arsenal of devastating weapons.
The game-play remains unchanged, featuring turn-based fighting and relying on the player to judge the trajectory and strength of their shots in order to inflict maximum damage on opponents. All the favorite weapons such as bazooka, grenade, dynamite, air strike and sheep are present including some new additional ones. Defensive tactics can also be employed as you choose to dig in with buildings, trenches, sandbags or fortifications, whilst buildings on the landscapes can also provide shelter against attacks.
Adapt your strategy to the weapons available, landscape and each new opponent you play. With a multitude of tactics available, coupled with the ever changing, randomly generated landscapes, no battle will ever be the same.
Worms 3D is set in a more exciting and immersive game world than ever before, with the emphasis on great multiplayer action and challenging single player fun.
- All new mission, play modes, ?Wormpot? modes, training and challenge modes.
- A more immersive single player experience based on unlocking challenges, secret missions, sound sets and landscapes.
- A choice of camera modes, including 1st person and ?blimp? views.
- Environmental conditions such as rain, snow, night and day.
- Randomly generated and fully deformable landscapes, all in true 3D.
- Inclusion of Wormopedia and the gallery.
- All new artificial intelligence, sound effects, music, interface and much, more.