TITLE Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2: Bush Rescue
DEVELOPER Kronos Interactive
US PUBLISHER Electronic Arts
UK PUBLISHER Electronic Arts
NORDIC PUBLISHER Electronic Arts
ONLINE PLAY No
SCREENS ADDED: 16 Jul-2004
SCREENS ADDED: 12 May-2004
Official Fact Sheet:
TY the Tasmanian Tiger 2 picks up where the original popular action platform game left off. The cast of characters from Down Under has grown, and so has the action! Evil Boss Cass has broken out of Currawong Jail and hatched a plan to take over the world with an army of Uber Reptiles. It’s up to our boomerang-wielding hero, TY, and his newly formed team of Burramudgee Bush Rescue mates to stop him!
TY the Tasmanian Tiger 2 offers platform gamers a huge open environment to explore by foot and vehicle. Gamers can now enjoy more excitement and adventure, with more boomerangs, “Mech units” with special powers and abilities, off-road open world action, and a wide variety of gameplay styles.
- TY is equipped with an arsenal of 21 upgradeable boomerangs, including the Lasharang, Kaboomarang, and Megarang.
- Collect precious opals and trade them off in a new monetary system that lets players buy and trade weapons for TY.
- The game features five different “Mech units” to help TY fight large numbers of enemies and complete mini-missions. With these “Mech units” TY will have the ability to swim under lava; shoot lasers, Blastorangs, water or fire; and much more.
- TY will also be challenged to complete driving and flying missions featuring combat and puzzle solving, with access to helicopters, submarines, and off-road trucks.
- Unlockable cart racing mini-games will allow gamers to challenge their friends in seven unique cart racing levels set across different areas of the Outback.
- Explore the Australian Outback by foot or vehicle in an open world filled with excitement and danger around every corner.
- Interact with a cast of 100 characters indigenous to the Australian Outback who help TY in his adventures and battles against Boss Cass.
- Fight off Boss Cass and his evil Uber Reptile minions in more than 50 missions set in an enormous world that includes Australian deserts, rain forests, billabongs, sunny beaches, and country towns.
- The game features Living Environment Technology (LETS?) to create lush organic environments; streaming level technology for large worlds of uninterrupted gameplay; and realistic cloth simulation.