TITLE NHL 2K3
DEVELOPER Visual Concepts
US PUBLISHER SEGA of America
UK PUBLISHER SEGA Europe
NORDIC PUBLISHER SEGA Europe
ONLINE PLAY Yes
SCREENS ADDED: 01 Dec-2005
Official Fact Sheet:
More than just familiar faces and numbers, Sega Sports NHL 2K3 delivers player realism down to size, skill, and behavior, resulting in individuals that exhibit accurate styles of play. Now grinders battle for pucks in the corners, elite players see the ice and create opportunities, and fast skaters exploit their speed. The all-new Franchise Mode lets you capitalize on player accuracy to develop a team that plays your brand of hockey. Now you can draft hotshot rookies, trade for players who compliment your team, compensate for injured players, and more. Then put that precision to work on the ice by anchoring lines with key players and rotating those lines to create the match-ups you want. Bringing it all together is a new ESPN broadcast system where scores, highlights, and more are presented in the network?s famous style, putting NHL 2K3 in prime position for a repeat season as the leader in hockey realism.
- ESPN Broadcast Presentation — Replays, scores, music, and more are displayed in the famous ESPN style.
- All New Franchise Mode — Create a team and develop it into a dynasty. Play the roles of general manager, coach, scout, player, and more.
- Detailed Player Attributes — Each player is rated in over 50 different categories, resulting in unique players that perform like their real-world counterparts.
- Complete Lines Control — Set and customize lines based upon your own strategy and maintain full control over how and when you cycle them.
- Improved Play Execution — Teammates work together to set up plays and execute strategy. Defense-minded teams may trap the zones, while faster teams tend to play a more wide-open style.
- Revamped Special Teams — Tougher power play units will make you think twice about committing frivolous penalties.
- Dynamic Graphics and Lighting — Next-generation technology meticulously displays details such as glass reflections, ice texture, uniform fabric, and decals.
- Play-by-play with convincing situational analysis and awareness, improved telestrator, and more varied game commentary.
- Over 30 Arenas — All 30 NHL arenas are represented in the game with extras such as a Legends arena and an International ice rink.
- Advanced Physics Engine — Puck movement is more consistent, making passes, shots and saves more predictable and realistic.