TITLE Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
DEVELOPER EA Games
US PUBLISHER Electronic Arts
UK PUBLISHER Electronic Arts
NORDIC PUBLISHER Electronic Arts
ONLINE PLAY No
SCREENS ADDED: 27 Aug-2003
SCREENS ADDED: 14 Aug-2003
Official Fact Sheet:
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them? Based on New Line Cinema?s upcoming film adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien?s classic fantasy novel, The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King video game will once again put the fate of Middle-earth in the hands of the gamer. In the final installment of the blockbuster movie trilogy, players must destroy the One Ring by casting it into the Crack of Doom, freeing Middle-earth from the clutches of the Dark Lord Sauron.
EA?s second ?The Lord of the Rings? action adventure game, The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King, will allow players to journey through multiple gameplay paths, taking control of the motion picture trilogy?s heroes. Defend the walls of Minas Tirith as Gandalf, raise the Army of the Dead as Aragorn, Legolas, or Gimli, and with Frodo and Sam, deliver the ring to the fiery depths of Mount Doom.
Based on the environments from the upcoming movie, The Return of the King?s third person gameplay will include immersive action and adventure elements set in rich, interactive levels. An all-new multiplayer co-op mode will let players form their own Fellowship before embarking on their journey through Middle-earth.
- Eight playable and secret characters including Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, Sam, and Frodo with exclusive voice-over provided by the actual actors from the films.
- An all-new co-op multiplayer mode will allow players to team up with a companion.
- Over twelve interactive environments authentically reproduced from the films. Explore the Paths of the Dead, defend Minas Tirith, and battle Sauron?s forces at the Pelennor Fields before final confrontations at the Black Gate and the Crack of Doom.
- Third person action/adventure gameplay incorporates multiple character paths for each member of the Fellowship.
- More than just a backdrop to the action, the game environments are interactive, letting players incorporate the various environments into their strategies for both melee and ranged combat. Characters will have the ability to jump and swing from ropes, fire catapults, kick boulders, etc.
- Enhanced control with the right analog stick allows players to perform multi-directional attacks and combos with ease as they battle their way through the forces of evil.
- Battle vicious boss monsters including Shelob, the Witch King, and the final showdown with the Dark Lord Sauron.
- Seamless movie-to-game transitions and never-before-seen exclusive movie footage from the upcoming The Return of the King movie.
- Immersive musical score composed by Academy Award-winner Howard Shore.