TITLE Dead or Alive Ultimate
DEVELOPER Team Ninja
US PUBLISHER Tecmo
UK PUBLISHER Tecmo
NORDIC PUBLISHER Tecmo
ONLINE PLAY Yes
SCREENS ADDED: 19 Oct-2004
Official Fact Sheet:
Tecmo’s esteemed development group, Team Ninja, has created the ultimate Dead or Alive fighting experience, Dead or Alive Ultimate, by coupling the original version of Dead or Alive with a completely redesigned Dead or Alive 2 on the Xbox video game system to create one of the first 3-D online fighting games to date. Both games will be Xbox Live multi-player compatible enabling you to test your fighting skills against a vast community of gamers from around the world.
- Dead or Alive 1 Ultimate. In 1997 the original Dead or Alive fighting game, long considered to be one of the greatest masterpieces in the series, was released only in Japan. Now, the graphics of the original version, beautifully crafted by Tecmo’s Team Ninja to be the most advanced at that time, will make their first appearance in the North American Territory, perfectly rendered, on the powerful Xbox Video Game Console in Dead or Alive Ultimate.
- Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate. Dead or Alive 2, one of the most popular fighting games of all time with over 2 million in sales since its inception in 2000, is ready to explode back onto the gaming scene with Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate. Exquisitely redesigned on a brand new engine, DOA2U boasts amazing new interactive environments made possible by the incredible power of the Xbox. Gorgeous crystal clear graphics, new fighting moves, and never before seen costumes are also combined to create the ultimate in fighting games
- Xbox Live Compatibility. Dead or Alive Ultimate, one of the world’s first fully online 3D fighting games, will utilize the highly advanced online capabilities of Microsoft’s Xbox Live service by featuring a multitude of online features and 7 different online play modes creating the world’s largest online community of fighting game fans.
- Special Collector’s Edition Packaging. For a limited time Dead or Alive Ultimate will boast the ultimate in packaging with a special collector’s edition 2-disc set. Collectible trading cards featuring the characters of the games and their special moves will be included in the packaging as an added bonus.
- New Stages. Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate boasts the highest number of stages in a Dead or Alive game to date with never-before-seen battle stages created exclusively for Dead or Alive Ultimate.
- New Costumes. Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate will feature a plethora of brand-new costumes. From Tina sporting sexy patriotic garb to a spin on some of the traditional costumes, outfitting the DOA girls before they fight will be half the fun!
- New Opening Movie and Cut Scenes. The new Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate will feature never-before seen episodes from the characters’ pasts that will for the first time reveal new details surrounding some of the most popular characters. The new movies feature unbelievable graphics that will leave fans of the series in awe. Some of the questions that will finally be answered are: why was Ayane born and what was the meaning of the flower in Kasumi’s ending? The answers to these questions and more will all become clear in Dead or Alive Ultimate.