DEVELOPER Intrepid Games
US PUBLISHER N/A
UK PUBLISHER N/A
NORDIC PUBLISHER N/A
ONLINE PLAY No
SCREENS ADDED: 11 May-2004
SCREENS ADDED: 17 Sep-2003
Official Fact Sheet:
Before there were roofs overhead, there were dank, dark caves, echoing with the grunts of their prehistoric inhabitants. Before organized crops and farming, every new fruit and berry picked off the tree could be sweet, delicious sustenance?or deadly poison. Every roar in the distance necessitated tribal unity. Every rock shard and broken stick could be a weapon. Every flame needed to be preserved. Before there was history, there was BC.
BC is an original third-person action-adventure game that hurtles players back millions of years into prehistory, to the beginnings of humankind. Members of a clan take part in an epic journey of survival, battling against ferocious, prehistoric creatures and exploring vast natural environments.
New technologies and knowledge could be just over the next rise. If humanity is to survive, the tribe needs to evolve into a thinking, resourceful unit that can rise up to become the pioneers in a primeval, unpredictable world.
- Brutal prehistoric combat: Players experience savage battles in an uncivilized, merciless era. Heads and limbs get torn off, and pools of blood congeal after brutal conflicts in a violent, dangerous world?where only the strong survive.
- The world as a weapon: Gamers will discover and create a multitude of deadly weapons, using naturally occurring materials. Enemies can be poisoned with native plants. An avalanche can be triggered to kill predatory opponents. Interactive environments allow for multiple solutions. Any object can be picked up or used as a tool or weapon, and wild animals have the potential to be predator or prey.
- A massive prehistoric world: Players must lead their tribe through the nascent earth’s deadly, but beautiful environments. From ancient rainforests to underwater settings, from scathing desert heat to fierce mountain blizzards, gamers must weather the elements
- Deadly adversaries: The tribe becomes the hunted when deadly creatures, ranging from saber-toothed tigers to velociraptors, who defend viciously defend their young when they perceive danger or stalk tribe members for food.
- Evolution or extinction: Gamers handpick tribe members to produce babies born to be hunters, mystics, fighters, or other specializations. As their experience grows and time passes, players choose the right skills and powers to enhance their characters and benefit the tribe.