TITLE X-Men: The Official Game
US PUBLISHER Activision
UK PUBLISHER Activision
NORDIC PUBLISHER Activision
ONLINE PLAY No
SCREENS ADDED: 25 Apr-2006
SCREENS ADDED: 10 Apr-2006
Official Fact Sheet:
Co-written by Zak Penn, the co-screenwriter of the movie X-Men: The Last Stand, and legendary comic book writer Chris Claremont, X-Men: The Official Game immerses players in an original storyline that provides the back-story for the upcoming X-Men: The Last Stand feature film. For the first time, the game enables players to truly command the powers of popular characters from the X-Men movie universe by allowing players to assume the roles of Wolverine, Nightcrawler and Iceman as they wield and upgrade their signature powers and maneuver through unique environments designed to showcase their superhero abilities. Assisted by other X-Men characters, players will use an advanced control scheme to master and control the characters as they unleash Wolverine?s combat rage, experience Nightcrawler?s acrobatics and teleportation powers, and glide through the air on Iceman?s ice slide.
- Become three legendary heroes ? Players will immerse themselves in the signature powers of their favorite X-Men heroes — hack and slash with Wolverine?s brute strength to decimate foes; as Nightcrawler, players will scale walls, spin and BAMF through environments to stay one step ahead of enemies; and experience incredible speed on Iceman?s ice slide while shooting ice beams and creating hailstorms to freeze the opposition. For even more power, players can utilize fury and adrenaline modes to launch devastating attacks.
- Experience events leading up to the X-Men: The Last Stand feature film and play beyond ? Players will experience epic Super Hero action as the game explains Nightcrawler?s mysterious absence from the movie, and in-game events foreshadow the roles of the X-Men and Brotherhood in the film. The game?s climactic ending sets the stage for the movie with intersecting characters and storylines intersecting.
- Become a part of the X-Men movie universe ? Embark on a globe-spanning conflict that delivers every element of the X-men universe?from costumes and enemies to the voice of Patrick Stewart. Explore Alkali Lake, the Statue of Liberty, Dark Cerebro and more.
- Battle fierce enemies, join forces with X-Men comrades ? Face off against villains from both the movie and beyond as favorite X-Men allies join forces with the player in gameplay that includes melee fighting, stealth-style action and time-based missions.
- Experience gameplay environments specifically designed to showcase each character?s Super Hero abilities ? Uniquely engineered environments empower players to use different gameplay strategies as they harness their Super Hero powers and defeat enemies. Players will have ultimate control over their heroes as they improve their superpowers over time through the Mutant Evolution System.