TITLE Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
US PUBLISHER Microsoft
UK PUBLISHER Microsoft
NORDIC PUBLISHER Microsoft
ONLINE PLAY Yes
SCREENS ADDED: 15 Jul-2008
SCREENS ADDED: 13 May-2008
Official Fact Sheet:
The original Rare Ltd. team behind ?Viva Pi?ata? has reunited to bring gamers ?Viva Pi?ata: Trouble in Paradise,? the newest pi?ata adventure that invites gamers to return to magical Pi?ata Island. Unfortunately, not all is well on the island, as Professor Pester along with his gang of Ruffians have wiped out Pi?ata Central?s computer records, which poses a threat to parties everywhere. To help Pi?ata Central, players must gradually rebuild the computer database by sending pi?atas at full candiosity to parties all around the world. While thwarting Professor Pester?s evil plot, players still build and maintain pi?ata gardens ? using their creativity and imagination to attract, trap, protect, train and manage more than 100 different pi?ata species.
Available exclusively on Xbox 360, ?Viva Pi?ata: Trouble in Paradise? reinvigorates a colorful and engaging gaming experience on the Xbox 360 platform. Now with full cooperative and online gameplay modes, the ?Viva Pi?ata? franchise opens its doors even wider with a new game that provides hours of fun for gamers of all ages, fans of the animated series and animal lovers alike.
- Social. The world of Pi?ata Island is an inviting and rewarding place to be. Family members and friend now can share in the joy of creating a garden by simply plugging in an extra controller. The second player has access to all tools, actions and activities, but he or she also can collect magic by helping. Player two can spend magic by tinkering items, healing a sick pi?ata or filling a pi?ata candiosity meter. It?s a new way to play.
- Customizable. ?Viva Pi?ata: Trouble in Paradise? allows players? imaginations to run wild by providing them with expansive freedom and choice.
- Your garden. ?Viva Pi?ata: Trouble in Paradise? also offers a vast level of customization within your main garden. Now, along with planting grass, trees and flowers, and digging ponds and lakes, players can place sand and snow in their garden to make exotic species of pi?ata feel more at home. Players also can choose to enhance their garden with themed object packs ? make your garden into a space center, a pirate cove or a haunted graveyard. Buy objects to change the weather, or new toys for your pi?ata to play with. You have total freedom to create any kind of paradise you want!
- Your pi?atas. Thirty-two new species of pi?ata can run, crawl, fly and swim into your garden in ?Viva Pi?ata: Trouble in Paradise.? Large, small, fierce and cute, the new pi?atas will join all your favorites for thriving activity throughout your garden. Among these new species are sour pi?atas that will infiltrate and wreak havoc in the garden. In ?Viva Pi?ata: Trouble in Paradise,? players can choose to either tame sours, or feed them candy to keep them sweet.
- Pi?ata Vision. A never-before-seen feature called Pi?ata Vision allows players to plug in an Xbox LIVE Vision camera and interact with the game through the use of printed cards that feature a unique barcode. With Pi?ata Vision, gamers can simply flash a pi?ata card up to the Vision camera, and the content will drop directly into the game.*
- Accessible. ?Viva Pi?ata: Trouble in Paradise? reinvigorates the franchise with additional game modes and features that make it even more accessible to players of all ages and skill levels.
- Just for Fun Mode. Designed for beginner players, kids and those just looking to explore Pi?ata Island, this mode allows players to jump into the garden and interact with the unique pi?ata world. In this mode the difficulty has been turned down and the fun has been turned up. Sour pi?atas stay away, resident pi?atas remain healthy, weeds don?t plague your garden and you have an infinite chocolate coin bank account, allowing you to turn your garden into a veritable utopia of colorful creatures.
- Standard Mode. Presenting a challenge for experienced pi?ata gardeners and dedicated gamers, the Standard gameplay mode provides a more tricky option, where players must keep a watchful eye on their garden. Sour pi?atas, feuding species, weeds, illness and limited money call for you to exercise problem solving and creativity to build and maintain an environment where pi?atas can flourish and grow.
- Player Guide System. Replacing the traditional tutorial, the optional Player Guide System directs players through a series of loose goals to help them master the fundamental aspects of ?Viva Pi?ata: Trouble in Paradise.?
- Show Off. Using the new photo mode in ?Viva Pi?ata: Trouble in Paradise,? you can snap, print and upload pictures of your unique garden or customized pi?atas showing them off to your friends. You also can photograph your pi?ata and turn it into a pi?ata card, share it with your friends so they scan it and put it into their own garden using the Xbox LIVE Vision camera.
- Pi?ata and character interaction. All your residents are now capable of performing dazzling tricks, which you can teach them using the new trick stick tool. Watch as pi?atas play together, perch on each other and interact in new ways to make them more appealing.
- Spontaneous. ?Viva Pi?ata: Trouble in Paradise? is a constantly changing world where anything can and does happen. Rivalries, injuries, illness and fights ? if you turn your back, who knows what your pi?atas will do?
- It?s happening outside. Pester knows where your garden is, and he?s got a few nasty tricks up his sleeve to make pi?ata life difficult. Foil his plans by sending your pi?ata around the world to save parties everywhere. Also, you must deal with new, untamed sour pi?atas with bad attitudes and more troublesome Ruffians who will try to spoil your creation.
- It?s happening inside. Pester will try to block pi?atas from ever reaching your garden, but you can break the blockades and teach him who is in charge on Pi?ata Island. However, don?t underestimate Pester ? he?s likely to make some personal appearances to attempt to put you in your place.