US PUBLISHER Midway
UK PUBLISHER Midway
NORDIC PUBLISHER Midway
ONLINE PLAY Yes
SCREENS ADDED: 11 May-2006
SCREENS ADDED: 02 Mar-2006
Official Fact Sheet:
Acclaimed action director John Woo presents Stranglehold, a stunning 3rd-person action adventure videogame for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. A ?spiritual sequel? to Woo?s action masterpiece, ?Hard Boiled,? Stranglehold redefines the action gaming experience with its acrobatic gunplay, thrilling cinematography, frenetic combat and incredible Massive Destructibility (Massive D). Chow Yun-Fat reprises his signature role as Inspector Tequila, pitting gamers as a take no-prisoners cop waging a personal war with Hong Kong crime lords. Tequila?s loyalties to the force are tested when his ex-wife is kidnapped by the Russian mob in Chicago. Tequila struggles to balance his duty to uphold the law with doing what it takes to save his family.
- Stranglehold allows gamers to play a John Woodirected action blockbuster movie. dual-wielding,stunt-laden gunplay combined with massive destructible environments ensures that Stranglehold will be a true tour-de-force. The environmental interactivity and two-fisted gunplay all come online, bringing the experience to a whole new level.
- Gamers will experience smooth flowing gameplay, such as running up railings, swinging on chandeliers and leaping onto moving objects, all without interrupting intense gun battles.
- Featuring the cinematic flare of acclaimed action director John Woo, Stranglehold will also benefit from Woo?s direction on storyline, camera placement and cutscenes. Starring international action-star Chow Yun-Fat as Inspector Tequila, the game?s cast is also comprised of other A-list Hollywood talent.
- The innovative physics engine will provide gamers with an unprecedented level of interactivity. With two huge areas to explore (Chicago and Hong Kong), the interactions will be infinite with each level offering massive amounts of destructibility.
- Stranglehold?s inventive combat camera and Tequila Time? slow-motion system allow players to simultaneously aim and shoot at the current target while driving, providing for robust gunplay combat between vehicles.
- Using a highly modified version of the Unreal 3.0 engine integrated with the Havok physics system, Stranglehold will breathe new life into game environments and characters with stunning graphics, and feature an ever-changing battleground depending on how players approach different scenarios.