TITLE Dynasty Warriors 7
DEVELOPER Omega Force
US PUBLISHER KOEI
UK PUBLISHER TECMO KOEI Europe
NORDIC PUBLISHER TECMO KOEI Europe
ONLINE PLAY Yes
SCREENS ADDED: 03 Dec-2010
Official Fact Sheet:
Dynasty Warriors 7 will be the first game in the series to extend past the Battle of Wuzhang Plains. Consequently, the Jin Kingdom will be added, bringing the total number of major factions to four.
- This game’s Musou mode will not be character based but kingdom based.
- The Renbu combat system has been removed, replaced by a return to the familiar charge system, which allows players to end increasingly longer combos with a special move of varying effect, depending on the current tactical situation. Characters are also allowed to wield more than one weapon, with the ability to execute exclusive combos with their unique weapons. In addition, both aerial musou attacks and aerial combos are being introduced. The gameplay will still keep its unbreakable chain of attacks, and will not be limited; and you will still be able to adjust the camera angle.
- Each character will have the ability to interchangeably wield two weapons at a time. It is also confirmed that some characters will have special abilities with some weapons indicated by the EX icon.
- An additional mode known as Conquest Mode (Chronicle Mode for the Japanese version) has been incorporated into the game. This features free-roam-China and create-your-own-story story mode gameplay. It has been confirmed that the aforementioned mode will be available to “Other” characters in the kingdom, due to the fact that they have not been given their own story in Story Mode. It has also been recently revealed that Conquest Mode will feature both online and offline co-operative play.
- The morale bar has been removed from the game; however, the morale system itself still remains and will be reflected from the messages of officers.
- Some of the major battles will be split into two parts, so the player can have a different perspectives of the battle. One example would be in Shu’s Changban stage – the first part concentrating on Zhao Yun and the second part on Zhang Fei.
- Swimming and climbing ladders from Dynasty Warriors 6 have also been confirmed to return in Dynasty Warriors 7.
- Unique Weapons are confirmed to return after being cut in Dynasty Warriors 6.
- Support animals which aid you in battle are to be included in this installment – some will follow and battle with the player; some can be ridden. The confirmed animals so far are pandas and elephants.
- Downloadable Content will be available. Content will include new weapons, stages and costumes and will feature the Dynasty Warriors 6 costumes for the characters who were present in that game.