TITLE 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany
DEVELOPER EA Sports
US PUBLISHER Electronic Arts
UK PUBLISHER Electronic Arts
NORDIC PUBLISHER Electronic Arts
ONLINE PLAY Yes
SCREENS ADDED: 18 Apr-2006
SCREENS ADDED: 10 Mar-2006
Official Fact Sheet:
2006 FIFA World Cup perfectly captures the emotion and passion of the world?s fiercest national rivalries by giving users the opportunity to play with their heroes and the chance to win the FIFA World Cup.
Play as your home nation and control your favorite players as you battle from qualification right through to a virtual re-creation of the final tournament in Germany.
EA SPORTS has brought to life close to 100 superstars by emulating the real-life abilities of the world?s most recognizable players. Signature moves, playing styles and flair moves have all been authentically captured in this game. Gameplay advancements in passing and shooting, including improved penalty kicks, make this the most realistic and playable soccer game yet.
2006 FIFA World Cup introduces a new game mode called Global Challenge that will test even the most hardcore gamer. Global Challenge re-creates 40 classic moments in FIFA World Cup history for fans to tackle. Compare your results with history and measure yourself against the world?s best.
Take control of one of 125 national teams and play against friends in up to eight-way multiplayer matches. Track your results in The Lounge to create your own rankings and earn rewards.
As the only officially licensed videogame of 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany, EA SPORTS has included a plethora of in-game unlockable content such as legendary players and exclusive apparel that will make this game a coveted collectable for soccer fans. Play with some of the game?s greatest legends and outfit your squad in exclusive team apparel.
- The world?s superstars look and play like their real life counterparts. Player attributes like ball skills and playing style have been uniquely re-created for each player to mirror real life.
- Compete as one of 125 teams from qualification right through to a virtual reproduction of the FIFA World Cup Final in Germany. Play in any of the 12 official stadiums that come to life with the pageantry and festivity of the 2006 FIFA World Cup?.
- Introducing a new mode called Global Challenge that recreates 40 classic moments in FIFA World Cup history. Earn rewards to unlock legendary players and classic apparel.
- Experience the elation and agony of a penalty shoot-out as if you were on the pitch. Use new moves to distract the goalkeeper or put off the penalty taker. Master your nerves to score the goal that puts your team in the FIFA World Cup.
- New context sensitive shooting provides even more realistic action. Player shooting ability, pressure from defenders and distance from goal all contribute to the success of the shot, just like in real life.
- Play as your favorite national teams in up to eight-way multiplayer sessions with friends from qualifiers to the 2006 FIFA World Cup Final.
- Visit the cities and stadiums of the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany via in-game videos.