TITLE Operation Flashpoint: Elite
DEVELOPER Bohemia I. Studio
US PUBLISHER Codemasters
UK PUBLISHER Codemasters
NORDIC PUBLISHER Codemasters
ONLINE PLAY Yes
SCREENS ADDED: 14 Oct-2005
SCREENS ADDED: 29 Sep-2005
Official Fact Sheet:
It is 1985, in the midst of the Cold War, and Gorbachev has been elected to power bringing with him policies of glasnost and perestroika. However, resistance Soviet groups are opposed to the new wave and are refusing to serve the new regime in Moscow.
One group has taken control of an island community, and is using it as an armed stronghold for the old order. Operation Flashpoint: Elite opens with the player joining the neighbouring US force against the Soviets. Once past the mission briefing stage, it’s your decision how the overall mission or campaign is tackled.
For the first time in such a military simulator, players control and command soldiers and squads of all levels and over 40 authentic land, sea and air vehicles ? both military and civilian. You’ll be controlling individual soldiers, commanding squads, driving tanks, troop carriers, piloting military helicopters to taking on the role of a sniper.
- Fly or drive over forty, armoured air and ground based military vehicles including the UH-60 Blackhawk Helicopter, A-10 Thunderbolt Jet, M1A1 Abrams Main Battle Tank and SCUD Launcher.
- Fight using any of 30 authentic weapons.
- Two enthralling campaigns plus 15 solo missions over four 4 sprawling 100 km2 battle zones.
- Engage live opponents via Xbox Live or system link in over 50 different missions.
- Create your own scenarios using the built-in mission editor.
- True-to-life models and physics provide the most realistic combat experience to date in a console game.
- Advanced squad-management system enables players to efficiently issue orders to squad members.
- Real time lighting and weather, including accurate star constellations for navigation.