TITLE NASCAR 2005: Chase for the Cup
DEVELOPER EA Sports
US PUBLISHER Electronic Arts
UK PUBLISHER N/A
NORDIC PUBLISHER N/A
ONLINE PLAY No
SCREENS ADDED: 16 Jul-2004
SCREENS ADDED: 12 May-2004
Official Fact Sheet:
Progress through 4 different racing series in a groundbreaking story mode. Strive for stardom by facing competition and adversity from city streets to open wheel modifieds, trucks, and the NASCAR Series before getting the chance to pursue the million dollar purses in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series?. Rattle rivals with the all-new Intimidator Button. Push them too far and you might find yourself in post-race confrontaion-which can be settled on the track or by racing America’s top production cars on city streets. Fans react to the drama, idolizing their heroes and villains after every move. Owners and sponsors recognize talent and reward success. It’s up to you to prove yourself on and off the track.
- Fight to the top: Become a superstar owner or driver deciding where, how, and what to drive. Develop essential racing skills, increase fan support, and compete in 4 racing series as you become the driver that top NASCAR teams are looking for.
- New Chase for the Cup Mode: Ten-race shootout mirrors NASCAR NEXTEL Cup’s new championship system.
- Next Generation Grudges and Alliances: Drive as hero or villain as you force mistakes with the new Intimidator Button. On track rivalries boil over into post race confrontations. Even settle grudges racing production cars through city streets.
- New Racing Series: In addition to the NASCAR Nextel Cup cars, race the Craftsman Truck Series, Featherlite Modified Series, and NASCAR National Series. Develop as a driver and you are only a few races away from racing in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup.
- American Muscle Production Cars: Settle bitter rivalries with other drivers in production cars including Dodge Vipers.
- EA SPORTS? Online** Racing: Up to 4 live racers and a full pack of CPU cars racing on the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system. Also featuring online ranking, text chat, EA SPORTS Talk (broadband only), and improved anti-cheat measures.
- New Skill Point Rewards System: Earn points with your moves. Passing, drafting, and blocking rack up points in all race modes. Points are redeemable for unlockable in-game rewards.
- Build A Fan Base: Compete for fan support by earning respect on the track and playing the autograph mini-game after the races.
- SpeedZone: Refine your driving skills while passing skill tests including passing, split time challenges, drafting, and holding position.
- New Lightning Challenges: 37 different challenges featuring your favorite NASCAR drivers and complete challenges that reflect real NASCAR racing scenarios.
- Create-A-Driver: Build your driver’s facial features, body appearance, and uniform, and then design your car’s paint schemes.
- Over 60 Drivers: Select your favorite driver and race with a full pack of 43. Smaller fields are featured in modified and Truck Series racing.
- 39 Tracks: Including 13 road courses and 8 fantasy tracks.
- Audio: NASCAR 2005: Chase for the Cup was recorded and mixed in surround sound.