TITLE Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
DEVELOPER EA DICE
US PUBLISHER Electronic Arts
UK PUBLISHER Electronic Arts
NORDIC PUBLISHER Electronic Arts
ONLINE PLAY Yes
SCREENS ADDED: 14 Jul-2005
SCREENS ADDED: 18 May-2005
Official Fact Sheet:
The award-winning Battlefield franchise finally explodes onto the PlayStation 2 and Xbox, dropping players into the heat of battle with Battlefield 2: Modern Combat. The game brings the over-the-top action and excitement of the Battlefield series into the modern era with a bleeding-edge arsenal of vehicles and weaponry allowing for the most extreme ?Battlefield Moments? yet.
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat features a propaganda fuelled single player campaign where gamers see both sides of a conflict in one of the most treacherous regions in the world ? Kazakhstan. Gamers will plunge headlong into the fog of war and must ultimately choose sides in a furious showdown where nothing is as it seems.
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat also delivers the Battlefield franchise?s trademark multiplayer action, delivering fierce 24 player online battles. Fighting for one of 4 sides ? the US, the European Union, the Chinese, or the newly formed Middle East Coalition – players armed with the latest modern weaponry and can choose to control any of the 30 vehicles in the game.
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat also boasts advanced online community features, including full clan support, friends lists, voice over IP, and rankings and stat tracking.
- An all-new story-driven single player mode drops players deep into an action-packed war framed by government-sponsored propaganda forcing gamers to choose sides and decide the outcome.
- More than 10 maps for online multiplayer action for up to 24 players**. Clan support VoIP and a deep stat tracking system help round out one of the deepest online console shooters to date.
- Take control of more than 30 land, sea, and air vehicles, including tanks, helicopters, amphibious craft and fast attack vehicles.
- Choose to battle as U.S., European Union, Chinese, or Middle East Coalition troops, each with their own unique arsenals.
- Step into the boots of multiple solider classes including Assault, Sniper, Special Ops, Combat engineer and Combat Support units.
- Own the battlefield with more than 50 state-of-the-art weapons.
- Complete each unit?s unique ?Battlefield Moment? to earn ?Battlefield Points? and unlock rewards including upgrades, and promotions.
- Upgrade your unit with new equipment, including thermal vision for the sniper rifle, more destructive mines faster tanks and more.
- Character Persistence and Growth. With in-game success, players increase their rank through promotions. Go from a private to a general as you lead your unit to victory.