TITLE Robot Wars: Extreme Destruction
DEVELOPER Black Rock Studio
US PUBLISHER N/A
UK PUBLISHER BBC Multimedia
NORDIC PUBLISHER BBC Multimedia
ONLINE PLAY No
SCREENS ADDED: 25 Sep-2002
Official Fact Sheet:
In just over 4 years the Robot Wars TV series has grown from cult status to become a massive worldwide phenomenon, with the BBC show now attracting a weekly audience of around four million viewers. Taking its cue from the latest series, Robot Wars – Extreme Destruction cranks up the action with new events, new robots, new arenas and a wide range of new game features.
The game brings together all the elements of the TV show – players can design and build their own robots, drawing upon a database of body parts, armour, engines, wheels and weapons. Once complete, battle can commence
- The game also features a quick start ?pick up and play? function, so gamers can select from a range of pre-built robots, and get straight to the realistic 3D action, which includes:
- New and improved 3D arenas; While players of the PC and Xbox versions can battle it out on an aircraft carrier, in a car factory, on a military base or atop a skyscraper, GBA players can fight around a desert outpost, sub-zero station, iron foundry or an acid factory.
- 10 different game types; including Robot football and sumo competitions.
- More robots; The RefBot oversees the destruction, while the most popular of the US robots and a range of new competitor robots join the fray.
- Split screen play; PC players can battle against each other on a split screen mode, while tournaments on the Xbox reach new heights with a four way split screen mode. With the use of a link cable, GBA Roboteers can fight one another across the variety of 3D landscapes.
- Trade weapons and robot parts; With secret component stores unlocked by successful play, the Game Boy Advance version of Extreme Destruction includes the ability to trade rare weapons and useful Robot body parts with other players via a link cable – the ultimate goal is to find all the parts to the mythical Gold Robot!