DEVELOPER Jaleco Entertainment
US PUBLISHER Microsoft
UK PUBLISHER Microsoft
NORDIC PUBLISHER Microsoft
ONLINE PLAY No
SCREENS ADDED: 15 Mar-2005
Official Fact Sheet:
This third-person, single-player, action-adventure game features intense spell combat and exploration. Players take the role of Arran, a novice wizard whose magical power grows as he ages throughout his quest to collect spells and rid the world of eternal night.
- Stunning spells – “Nightcaster” features over 40 spectacular and 3D spells from four different schools of magic – Light, Dark, Fire and Water.
- Addictive spell combat – players can choose brute force or smart tactics when they select the appropriate school of magic and spells.
- Unique control mechanism – Using the dual analog controls, players can control Arran’s movements separately from the Orb and use the orb as a targeting device to cast spells. This enables a more fast and furious gameplay experience.
- Character evolution – Experience Arran’s evolution throughout the game, from young novice to a powerful elder mage. As Arran ages, he acquires new spells, growing ever more powerful.
- Rich environments – The beautifully detailed 3D world is vast with a variety of different lands, from the depths of the Buried City to the shimmering halls of the Ice Fortress. Each is replete with dynamic lighting and shading and particle effects. Further enhanced by Direct Music, the environments become an even more immersive experience than ever imagined.
- Many and varied enemies – Over 30 types of creatures provide an added challenge and make for an increased adventure! Use your spells against them, each with unique attack types and behaviors.
- Subquests and NPC – Interact with friends and other NPC characters as the story takes you across the land. Triumphs will result in permanent changes to the game world.