TITLE Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2
DEVELOPER Know Wonder
US PUBLISHER Electronic Arts
UK PUBLISHER Electronic Arts
NORDIC PUBLISHER Electronic Arts
ONLINE PLAY No
SCREENS ADDED: 05 Sep-2002
SCREENS ADDED: 16 Aug-2002
Official Fact Sheet:
Need for Speed (NFS) is back and better than ever in Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2! Engage in the next generation thrill of arcade racing with the spiritual successor to the highly acclaimed, award winning Need for Speed III Hot Pursuit.
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 stays true to the heritage of housing a stable of over 20 exclusive and exotic cars from the world’s most coveted licensors including Ferrari, Porsche and Lamborghini? to name a few.
Drafting on its award-winning legacy, Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 will deliver an exciting, intense arcade driving experience. The game includes a variety of open road environments that truly come to life, consisting of river crossings, waterfalls, beaches, volcanoes and brush fires.
Over 20 courses, some of which are more than 15 miles long, provide the widest variety of driving challenges. Animated drivers and cops give life to the drivers within the game, bringing added emotion to the world of these exotic super cars.
Become the king of the road by conquering numerous racing events, all carrying rewards such as cars, tracks and high performance model upgrades. The game challenges the driver to dodge traffic, police and natural elements in high speed and high style? true NFS style!
“Be The Cop” mode lets players actually get behind the wheel of a police car and attempt to bust those pesky law-breakers. For added multiplayer enjoyment, square off against a friend to see if justice can be served.
- Over 20 of the most coveted licensed exotics including the Lamborghini Murcielago and Ferrari 360 Spider.
- Maneuvering exotic super cars through traffic and police at upwards of 200 mph puts you on the edge of your seat.
- Open world environments and shortcuts allow for intense off-road excitement.
- A variety of modes including Challenge, Hot Pursuit, Championship, Top Cop and Be The Cop mode.
- Realistic, detailed environments bring to life elements from the real world – rain, brush fires, sun beams, dust storms and more.
- There are over 60 events in the PlayStation? 2 computer entertainment system and over 90 events in the PC, Xbox? video game system from Microsoft and Nintendo GameCube? computer entertainment systems.
- Hot licensed music keeps the adrenaline pumping.
- Two-player split screen multiplayer support. (PC-CD version allows for up to eight-players via LAN and Internet support.)