DEVELOPER 2K Czech (Illusion Softworks)
US PUBLISHER Take 2
UK PUBLISHER Take 2
NORDIC PUBLISHER Take 2
ONLINE PLAY No
SCREENS ADDED: 17 Feb-2004
Official Fact Sheet:
It is 1930. Due to circumstances he couldn’t possibly have predicted, Tommy’s life as a cabdriver is about to be exchanged for a life in the Mafia. At first he continues his work as a driver and nothing could be better. He soon becomes good friends with his sidekicks Paulie and Sam, and although the work is sometimes risky, he earns more money than he did as a cabdriver. But as time goes on he is ordered to undertake more and more unpleasant jobs – and he starts to become disillusioned with the life he has chosen.
- Explore over 12 square miles of this 1930’s American city, with intelligent simulated traffic, landmarks and surrounding countryside. This fictional city was created with reference to authentic buildings and photos from that period.
- Over 20 action-packed missions with tasks ranging from mob hits, car chases, bootlegging, shootouts, assassinations of personas non grata, bank robberies and even simply going for a romantic walk with your love.
- Over 30 highly realistic and hi-poly indoor locations rendered with the latest 3D engine technology. Take a trip through a city of the 30’s, visit places such as the airport, banks, galleries, restaurants, the harbor and many others.
- An expansive epic story line inspired by real events that took place in the 30’s. The story is conveyed through spoken dialogs and motion-capture animations from professional actors.
- Drive one of 60 historically inspired cars, based on models that were on the road in the 30’s and the physics of which have been faithfully reproduced. Due to the realistic physics and real time deformation of the cars, getting involved in a chase with police is definitely something to avoid.
- Over 12 weapons to choose from, including baseball bats, sawed-off shotguns, Magnums or the legendary Tommy gun, to deal with those that dare to cross your path.