TITLE IndyCar Series 2005
US PUBLISHER Codemasters
UK PUBLISHER Codemasters
NORDIC PUBLISHER Codemasters
ONLINE PLAY TBA
SCREENS ADDED: 17 Jun-2004
SCREENS ADDED: 15 Mar-2004
Official Fact Sheet:
Officially licensed by the Indy Racing League?, IndyCar Series 2005 gets a boost with a host of new features to complement the action-packed oval track racing at speeds up to 235mph! The game’s new online racing will see up to 12 players getting fiercely competitive out on the circuits on Xbox, with up to 8 players on PlayStation 2.
It is the only game to feature the full IndyCar Series season including the Indianapolis 500, which allows drivers to compete from Pole Day to Bump Day to race day as one of the 33 drivers in The Greatest Spectacle in Racing?. Racing action is realistic, accessible and authentic down to the very last detail, including TV-style presentation with race introductions by ABC Sports broadcasters.
IndyCar Series 2005 also features an advanced and updated AI system that renders each race as a unique experience. The AI drivers make dynamic strategic racing decisions, defend their position, slipstream to overtake other drivers, and even make mistakes.
A completely authentic and realistic IRL racing experience, IndyCar Series 2005 features:
- Head-to-head online racing on both Xbox (up to 12) and PlayStation 2 (up to 8)
- 15 IndyCar Series tracks, including the Indianapolis Motor Speedway?, Texas Motor Speedway, Chicagoland Speedway, Pikes Peak International Raceway and the newly featured Twin Ring Motegi Speedway in Japan
- Up to 33 cars on the track simultaneously in single player
- All-new steering wheel support for third party peripherals with in-game calibration
- Realistically functioning rear-view mirrors so drivers can watch their back!
- Official drivers, tracks, rules and sponsors of the IndyCar Series
- Ability to re-create a full season competing as a favorite driver, including Sam Hornish Jr., Gil de Ferran, Al Unser Jr., Scott Dixon, Helio Castroneves, Sarah Fisher and more
- Updated Masterclass training mode narrated by 2003 IndyCar Series Bombardier and Autosport Rookie of the Year Dan Wheldon