TITLE Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
DEVELOPER Eurocom Entertainment
US PUBLISHER Electronic Arts
UK PUBLISHER Electronic Arts
NORDIC PUBLISHER Electronic Arts
ONLINE PLAY No
SCREENS ADDED: 02 Oct-2002
Official Fact Sheet:
Take the wheel of a flying car and don’t be late for a second term at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry? in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets?! Based on J.K. Rowling’s second book in the worldwide best-selling series, players face a magical multitude of new challenges and mysteries as the famous “Boy Who Lived”.
Ignoring Dobby? the house-elf’s grave warning that disaster will strike if he returns to Hogwarts, Harry embarks on his second year to find Dobby’s predictions coming true! Harry soon finds himself entangled in a dark plot against his “Mudblood” classmates, as students keep turning up petrified! Could Draco Malfoy? be to blame, or is something even more malevolent at work? With the help of returning friends Hermione, Ron, Hagrid? and Hedwig?, players attend new classes to learn second-year spells that will aid them in a quest to uncover the true identity of the “Heir of Slytherin”.
Players enter fantastical free-roaming 3D environments from Harry’s world. Players become Harry Potter? and delve not only into Harry’s world, but also into his personality, via an internal “voice.” Conversing with unique characters like Moaning Myrtle?, shopping in Diagon Alley?, and exploring the convoluted corridors of Hogwarts, players make crucial and independent decisions within Harry’s world.
Additionally, Harry can, of course, cast spells against foes – but these spells must be perfectly executed, or they could be miscast with humorous or critical consequences! Mini-games within levels can be revisited, so players can help Mrs. Weasley with “de-gnoming” her garden, challenge other students in Professor Lockhart’s Dueling Club, or complete other mini-games again and again.
- Freely explore the captivating environments based on Hogwarts and its grounds with more control and character interaction.
- Encounter thrilling moments from the book such as the Whomping Willow?, the Dueling Club and a confrontation in the Chamber of Secrets!
- Attend 2nd year classes, and learn advanced spells, with direct spell casting control using a “Flick and Swish” movement on the next generation consoles.
Face-off against fantastic creatures like Aragog? the spider and the terrible basilisk.
- Engage in a second season of Quidditch, but with a rogue Bludger on the loose!
- Interact with old friends like Hermione and Ron and new faces like Moaning Myrtle and pompous Professor Lockhart?.
- Uncover special items and secret areas including Tom Riddle’s? diary and the sinister Chamber of Secrets.
- Voyage to enchanting locations for exotic excursions: help the Weasley’s “de-gnome” the Burrow, venture to Diagon
- Alley for 2nd year Hogwarts supplies, and go farther than ever into the Forbidden Forest.
- Faithful representation of the magical world created in J.K. Rowling’s best-selling novel.