TITLE Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse
DEVELOPER 3DO Studios
US PUBLISHER N/A
UK PUBLISHER N/A
NORDIC PUBLISHER N/A
ONLINE PLAY No
SCREENS ADDED: 13 May-2003
Official Fact Sheet:
Set in the present day, the archangel Abaddon faces possessed zealots, demons, and the daunting powers of the personified plagues of Mankind: Pestilence, War, Famine and Death. As Abaddon, the player must find the three “Chosen” and combine their untapped powers in time to save the world from destruction; but that won’t be easy — God’s Chosen are mortals, not to mention they’re a prostitute, a serial killer and a corrupt politician. Hand-to-hand, sword, and projectile combat combine with fantastic abilities to create a surreal cinematic experience.
The story unfolds via in-game cinematics and “graphic novel” sequences by Simon Bisley — who is also the title’s character designer. These graphic novel images are displayed on-screen complete with animations, voices and sound effects — bringing Bisley’s work to life and immersing the player in the dark underworld of Hell’s emissaries.
- Incredible gore and destruction effects including dismemberment, realistic and dynamic exit wounds through objects and people, morph animations, melting, and blood splatters.
- Diverse weaponry, including swords for melee combat, automatic weapons, projectiles for ranged combat and magic (slow time), combines into spectacular cinematic violence.
- Mature content with adult themes, brief nudity and extreme violence.
- Stunning deaths (finishing moves) and Hollywood-style combat moves choreographed and performed by the Smashcut Action Team (The Matrix 1-3, Fight Club, The Crow).
- 18 levels of photo-realistic play that sweep players through gothic environments, the post-apocalypse of World War III, and the depths of Hell itself.