TITLE Amped 2
US PUBLISHER Microsoft
UK PUBLISHER Microsoft
NORDIC PUBLISHER Microsoft
ONLINE PLAY Yes
SCREENS ADDED: 28 Aug-2003
SCREENS ADDED: 13 May-2003
Official Fact Sheet:
Gamers and snowboarding fans will not be disappointed with the new features in ?Amped 2? proving that the ?Amped? franchise will once again make major advancements in the extreme sports gaming genre. New features include:
- The Tricks: ?Amped 2? unleashes new aerial tricks, a full set of styled-out rail slides, and introduces ?butter?, the center of a new combo system. A tutorial will teach first timers the basics of freestyling riding.
- The Web: Xbox Live will help determine who the ultimate snowboarder is by allowing gamers to challenge riders around the globe. Gamers can track stats, trade replays with friends, and download new content including mountains, gear, challenges and music.
- The Graphics: Gorgeous, fully-rendered 3D environments bring the mountains alive. Clouds move over the hills. Snow-cats groom the runs. People ride the chairs. Riders see their breath in the cold air, and snow builds up on clothing after crashes.
- The Career: ?Amped 2? features a deeper career mode with more opportunities to impress the locals and the press with 3 levels of media challenges: photos, photo sequences, and video demo reels. As fame builds, sponsors award new gear and boards.
- The Mountains: ?Amped 2? features top mountains from around the globe, including Laax in Switzerland and Mt. Buller in Australia. World-renowned terrain park designer, Chris ?Gunny? Gunnerson, lends his expertise exclusively to the game?s park design.
- The Pros: Gamers can create a snowboarder or play as any of the top 14 pros including: Jeremy Jones, Mikey LeBlanc, Travis Parker and Janna Meyen.
- The Music: ?Amped 2? provides a library of over 300 original cuts from up-and-coming indie artists. Gamers can also create their own play list and ?rip? it to the Xbox hard drive.