TITLE Advent Rising
DEVELOPER GlyphX Games
US PUBLISHER Majesco Entertainment
UK PUBLISHER Majesco Entertainment
NORDIC PUBLISHER Majesco Entertainment
ONLINE PLAY No
SCREENS ADDED: 19 May-2005
SCREENS ADDED: 13 May-2004
Official Fact Sheet:
Advent Rising is a 3rd person, action/adventure game presented in a stunning cinematic format that delivers an unprecedented variety of addictive game play experiences. Built on the Unreal Warfare Engine, it offers precise, refined play-dynamics with action-packed adventure and style, wrapped in a visually imaginative universe. Advent Rising is akin to a fast-paced action movie where the player is swept up in a continuously evolving series of sequences and events.
In Advent, a common legend pervades the galaxy?that of a powerful, ancient race that will one day unite the universe. Millions of cultures from vastly distant worlds revere and hallow these mythological beings, these humans.
The Seekers alone do not share these legends, for they know the truth?humans exist. Threatened by the potential power of these humans, the Seekers are doing all they can to eradicate them. Under the guise of benevolent explorers they spread methodically throughout the galaxy, destroying any human society they unearth. As Gideon Wyeth, a remnant of the last human outpost, you are about to discover the incredible powers that lay dormant within you?the powers the Seekers are so desperate to suppress.
- Fast-paced 3rd person action-adventure
- Single-player game play presented in stunning, cinematic format
- Built on state-of-the-art Unreal Warfare Engine
- Sweeping, evolving story by Hugo and Nebula award-winning author Orson Scott Card
- Develop Amazing Superhuman powers, wield an arsenal of Awesome Weapons, and take control of a vast array of incredible Vehicles
- Versatile control scheme that allows for acrobatic movement and precise targeting of enemies while quickly switching between weapons and powers
- An Unprecedented Game play experience that allows you to play through all of the thrilling action sequences in a blockbuster movie or game, not just watch them
- Six Chapters comprised of Twenty-seven Heart-stopping levels
- Digital Dolby 5.1 Surround support
- Anticipated Rating: Age 13 for sci-fi violence