TITLE IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey
DEVELOPER Gaijin Entertainment
US PUBLISHER 505 Games
UK PUBLISHER 1C Publishing
NORDIC PUBLISHER 1C Publishing
ONLINE PLAY Yes
SCREENS ADDED: 20 Aug-2008
Official Fact Sheet:
IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey is based around large-scale aerial combat over the ground-based military operations of World War II. Players participate in the war?s most famous confrontations piloting fighters, battle planes or heavy bombers across a range of thrilling missions. There are five seats of war to engage in ? The Battle of Britain, Stalingrad, Berlin, Sicily and Korsun ? representing the main airborne battles of World War II in Europe.
As well as advanced environmental visuals enriching the game play, IL-2 also boasts an all new damage effects engine. Players can see real time damage to the aircraft such as holes in the wings and trail lines during dog fights. Hundreds of airplanes taking part in air battles is a distinguishing feature of IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey and the unique environmental engine also produces highly detailed, realistic landscapes that allows players to see a brand new simulation of ground support actions.
- Authentic World War II atmosphere
- Engage in more than 50 thrilling missions from famous historical battles over Eastern and Western Europe and fly historically accurate aircraft
- Completely flexible difficulty level system: from arcade to realistic simulation
- Thrilling multiplayer mode support customisation ? from the colour scheme of your plane to your choice of weapons.
- Cutting edge, highly-detailed visuals, realistic sound and original music from Jeremy Soule