TITLE Fatal Inertia
US PUBLISHER KOEI
UK PUBLISHER TECMO KOEI Europe
NORDIC PUBLISHER TECMO KOEI Europe
ONLINE PLAY TBA
SCREENS ADDED: 02 Jul-2007
Official Fact Sheet:
Set in the 23rd Century Fatal Inertia mixes street racing, demolition derbies and rallying with a futuristic setting where machines no longer need wheels and the laws of physics govern all. The sport is called Inertia and it’s one that offers a heady mix of speed, combat and real world environments that can be used to make your victory and break your opponents.
Fatal Inertia is the dynamic opening salvo from Koei’s brand new Canada studio. With a distinctly Western flair, this game represents the first step into an all-new genre for Koei. Fatal Inertia presents the stunning contrast of vibrant, futuristic vehicles battling and racing in a variety of beautiful, natural environments. There are a wide range of physics-based weapons, and you’ll discover new ways to use them every time you play. Harnessing the power of the PlayStation 3, this game offers a physics engine that is core to the gameplay, and that offers complete interaction between vehicles, weapons, and environments. Combining speed, technique, and customizability, Fatal Inertia will bring players combat racing unlike anything they’ve ever experienced. This is truly the next generation!
- The foundation of Fatal Inertia is its physics engine, which uses the power of the PS3 to create weapons and environments that are unlike anything seen before. The beautiful natural environments aren’t just scenery – they are there to be used in combat, and rock walls can quickly become avalanches to use against your opponents. You’ll have unparalleled freedom, and with all the possibilities the physics-based engine has to offer, you’ll never have the same play experience twice.
- In this game, weapons are not something you use to directly damage an opponent, but are items used to create a variety of physics-based effects. A single weapon has a variety of uses, and you’ll discover new ways to use them every time you play.
- The vehicles in Fatal Inertia are highly customizable, and with the large variety of designs and parts at your disposal, you can truly inject your own personality into your ride. You can also save your custom vehicles to a memory card, and take them on the road.
- This game isn’t just about getting to the finish line first, with a wide variety of game modes to choose from. There are several competitive and cooperative modes, and season play that lets you win prizes and gain special items. Whether you’re a speed demon or a road warrior, you’ll find a mode that’s right for you.
- Desolate woodlands, dusty canyons, giant glacial ranges, and other natural regions are your playground. But the environments are not just there to be sped through – they offer many opportunities to hinder your opponents as well.
- Take your customized vehicles and play in epic multiplayer combat. With the many ways to use the weapons and environments, every multiplayer battle is sure to be a hotly-contested affair.