TITLE Darkstar One: Broken Alliance
DEVELOPER Gaming Minds
US PUBLISHER Kalypso Media
UK PUBLISHER Kalypso Media
NORDIC PUBLISHER Kalypso Media
ONLINE PLAY Yes
SCREENS ADDED: 19 Feb-2010
Official Fact Sheet:
DarkStar One: Broken Alliance sees players exploring the vast reaches of space, encountering, battling and trading with six mysterious alien races in a quest to unravel the mysterious death of the protagonist’s father. Players can create their own career paths – be it brigand, mercenary, privateer, merchant or whatever mix they please, while buying (or capturing) alien technology to customise their highly adaptable ship, the DarkStar One, with hundreds of possible combinations of weapons, shields, armour and components.
DarkStar One: Broken Alliance combines fast and furious in-the-cockpit starship combat with a deep storyline involving love, family, betrayal and mysterious alien races. Play as Kayron Jarvis, a young and ambitious space faring adventurer as he attempts to unravel a family mystery, braving the depths of space, encounters mysterious aliens and blasts his enemies to dust in his uniquely customisable ship – the DarkStar One.
- An open-ended storyline that allows players to choose their path to fortune and glory – play as a privateer, mercenary, smuggler, trader or any combination of these – tweaking your ship’s capabilities and tactics to best suit your style of play.
- Fully customise your ship with weapons, engines, shields and over 200 distinct components. Purchase the parts you need, or capture them from enemy ships. Turn the DarkStar One into a heavily armed freighter, fast attack boat, cruiser or whatever you like, all based on a massive variety of customisation options.
- Explore a universe comprised of more than 330 solar systems populated by six distinct alien races, each with their own technology, architecture and space combat tactics. Befriend aliens and trade with them for new equipment, or gun them down and take their technology – the choice is yours.
- A stunning full 1080p HD-powered 3D graphics engine, an intuitive user interface, more than 40 minutes of cut scene storytelling, and over 90 minutes of Dolby 5.1 channel surround sound music immerse the player in thrilling space combat and unpredictable encounters with alien races and exotic worlds.
- An innovative hybrid gameplay style effortlessly moves the player between story-driven adventure gaming and fierce space battles in full 3D, while a richly developed trading and customisation system seamlessly links the two modes of play.