TITLE Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee
DEVELOPER Pipeworks Software
US PUBLISHER Atari
UK PUBLISHER Namco Bandai Partners (Atari)
NORDIC PUBLISHER Namco Bandai Partners (Atari)
ONLINE PLAY No
SCREENS ADDED: 01 Dec-2005
Official Fact Sheet:
The game features an epic sense of scope and scale, with 10 massive real-world and fantasy fighting arenas, including San Francisco, Tokyo and the notorious Monster Island, that are fully 3D and totally interactive. Players can pick up and throw buildings and landmarks like Big Ben, toss enemies into vast fuel tank farms and stomp on baseball stadiums. “Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee” also features additional hidden, unlockable areas only found on the Xbox. Each city has been created with amazing attention to detail, including working traffic lights, blinking neon signs and moving cars, buses and tanker trucks.
More than 10 licensed monsters, each carefully modeled from the record-setting movie franchise, appear in the game including Godzilla 90’s, Mechagodzilla, Megalon, Destoroyah, King Ghidorah, Mothra and many more. Each character is equipped with basic fighting maneuvers like kicks, punches, jumps, projectile attacks and blocks. For more hardcore fighting fans, “Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee” includes a robust combo system and special attacks that are unique to each creature’s abilities from the original movies. Power-ups are dropped into the arena by alien ships and hidden within city buildings, providing health and other enhanced abilities.
- New monster: Mechagodzilla 3 (from the latest Godzilla film release in Japan) joins the cast.
- New arenas: Vortaak Home World. The alien’s home world, features new challenges like volcanoes, spaceship launchers, installation-protection missiles, and plenty of alien buildings to throw. Boxing Ring, the largest boxing ring in the world constructed for monster battles complete with ropes, bells and blimps.
- New Computer AI: One gamer can now play a four-player melee or team game against the Xbox Artificial Intelligence.
- Single-player Destruction Mode: Players can rip up a city — all by themselves.
- Soundtrack support: Rip tunes to the Xbox hard drive and play your own tracks while you’re fighting as your favorite giant monsters.
- Xbox Advantage Controls: The extra buttons on the Xbox make it easier to grab monsters and buildings. In addition, the Xbox features improved responsiveness, combos and collision detection.
- Better visuals: The unmatched graphical prowess of the Xbox hardware allows for better visuals treats, like reflection maps on buildings, true bump mapping, improved animations, smokestacks that emit smoke, better impact effects, specular highlights, bright high-resolution skies, improved lighting model, improved terrain, high resolution city selection movies and high resolution textures.
- Improved Speed: Solid frame-rate and faster loading times.
- Multiple Saved Games: Up to four players can save their progress on the Xbox hard drive.