TITLE Rugby 2005
DEVELOPER EA Sports
US PUBLISHER Electronic Arts
UK PUBLISHER Electronic Arts
NORDIC PUBLISHER Electronic Arts
ONLINE PLAY TBA
SCREENS ADDED: 03 Feb-2005
Official Fact Sheet:
Lightning-fast backs, 300-pound forwards, and huge hits?this is EA SPORTS? Rugby 2005 in its greatest glory. Build team momentum with shoulder charges and high-impact collisions, or avoid contact with creative side-steps. New player models capture the most popular players in rugby, while realistic animations better simulate actions and movements on the pitch.
For newcomers, the interactive training mode allows you to easily familiarize yourself with the sport of rugby. When you’re ready, bust out of training mode and make a run for the 6 Nations or take on teams in the Super 12. With a new look and feel, the time to master the sport of rugby is now.
- Visual Improvements: EA SPORTS Rugby 2005 shares the look and feel of all EA SPORTS? franchises, integrating the highest visual quality and standards. EA SPORTS Rugby 2005 features new player models, including star heads for the top 100 players and new improved full-motion videos demonstrating the big tackles, high emotions and key plays associated with the game.
- Training Mode: To help you become an expert at EA SPORTS Rugby 2005 in training modes have been introduced. Rugby 101 interactive training movies that outline the rules and controls. Training pitch mode offers challenge-based training drills using advanced controls, as well as a “Get in the Game” tutorial for users to grasp rugby basics through a pick up-and-play orientation.
- Updated User Control and Gameplay: EA SPORTS Rugby 2005 features unprecedented control over every aspect of the sport, enabling casual rugby fans to pick up and play the game. The controls allow more opportunities for high-impact collisions, plus the chance to better avoid tackles and break into the open field. EA SPORTS Rugby 2005 introduces the ability to run set plays off the back of rucks and to cue passing to ensure rapid movement through the back line.
- Enter the Creation Zone: The Creation Zone allows you to create players based on their own likenesses, classic players of the game, or any other characters you wish to place in EA SPORTS Rugby 2005.
- Teams and Tournaments: EA SPORTS Rugby 2005 once again brings back the official licensed leagues while introducing new leagues and teams. Not only can you play in all of the leagues, but you can now play in prestigious tournaments such as the Heineken/European Cup or Lion’s Tour.
- Broadcast Presentation: New camera angles, commentators, team songs, anthems and chants, full-motion video, plus authentic crowd noise, in-game sound effects, and enhanced replay control all come together to help produce a game that creates a look and feel of a live TV broadcast. This immerses players in the atmosphere of the game, while seamlessly integrating the commentary into the flow of play.