TITLE MX Unleashed
DEVELOPER Rainbow Studios
US PUBLISHER THQ
UK PUBLISHER THQ
NORDIC PUBLISHER THQ
ONLINE PLAY Yes
SCREENS ADDED: 30 Sep-2003
SCREENS ADDED: 11 Sep-2003
Official Fact Sheet:
Rainbow Studios, creator of ATV Off Road Fury and Motocross Madness, returns to their heritage of motocross by developing the definitive next generation MX game. MX Unleashed is a unique blend of racing and freestyle that provides a realistic experience where the rider is now affected by real-world forces. Players can race through 50 unique tracks and explore six open worlds. Highly optimized graphics offer incredible eco-systems and texture resolution. In MX Unleashed players can select authentic gear and equipment from the top manufacturers in the world, set records, play mini games, race a helicopter – do it all on the power of a dirt bike!
- Amazing Physics Engine – Completely new motocross physics engine. Animation of both rider and bike produces a ?rag doll? feel that is altered by real world forces such as landing hard on a jump, hips swinging around a turn and a realistic clutch system.
- More Than 50 Tracks ? Supercross Series, nationals, and freestyle courses are highly optimized graphically, showing off a terrain texture resolution full of entire eco-systems and environments.
- Innovative Freestyle Mode – Diverse worlds set in a variety of locations, time, and weather conditions allow for endless exploration and a variety of mini-game challenges. Race a helicopter or locomotive, find hit points and exploit runs.
- Career Mode – A top 100 seeded career mode introducing 14 separate amateur, semi-pro, and professional race leagues.
Incredible Sound – Authentic sound engine differentiates lifelike 2-stroke and 4-stroke engines. Fully licensed music soundtrack from top recording artists.
- Multiplayer ? Players can compete against friends in both racing and freestyle modes. Split screen, LAN support and Internet play using TCP/IP.