TITLE Kelly Slater’s Pro Surfer
US PUBLISHER Activision
UK PUBLISHER Activision
NORDIC PUBLISHER Activision
ONLINE PLAY No
SCREENS ADDED: 30 Jul-2002
Official Fact Sheet:
Kelly Slater?s Pro Surfer? is the most authentic and exhilarating surfing game ever, featuring Kelly Slater, the most recognized surfing pro of all time. Players experience an all-out adrenaline rush as they drop down huge wave faces, pull into barreling tube rides and pull off hundreds of insane trick combinations and signature pro moves. Players can choose to ride as six-time world champion Kelly Slater, or as one of eight of the most accomplished surf pros of all time including Rob Machado, Bruce Irons, Kalani Robb, Lisa Andersen and Tom Curren. The game features multiple modes of play including ?Surf Trip? where the gamer chooses their own path, in search of the perfect wave traveling to 13 of the hottest real-world surf breaks from around the world including the U.S., Europe, Africa, Australia and the South Pacific. True to the sport and lifestyle, the game features: authentic in-game sponsors including surfboards, wetsuits, board shorts and apparel; video clips from top surf directors Taylor Steele, Sonny Miller, and Ira Opper; and an innovative, lifestyle oriented soundtrack.
- Choose from Nine Different Surfers ? Players can become Kelly Slater, Rob Machado, Kalani Robb, Lisa Andersen, Bruce Irons, Tom Curren, Donavon Frakenreiter, Nathan Fletcher and Tom Carroll, each with signature moves, unique riding styles, attributes, personalities and characteristics.
- Real Waves, Real Locations ? Ultra-realistic environments as players navigate waves populated with other surfers and deal with changing weather conditions and tides. True-to-life wave and ocean conditions, including an emphasis on aerials, big wave surfing, barrels and tubes, and huge tricks in a variety of awesome waves powered by a state-of-the-art, next generation 3D game engine. With 13 of the most popular and recognizable surf spots in the world, gamers will be able to experience first hand exotic real-world locales and events, including full beach environments with real landmarks, hazards and other characteristics.
- Choose Your Own Path and Track Your Status — Non-linear, story based gameplay allows gamers to choose their own path, as well as access mini missions to improve skills, as they interact with the most famous surfers of all time, their sponsors, magazines and photographers along the way. Track individual rider stats and set world records in the handy Surf Log Record Book.
- Multiple Modes of Play ? Kelly Slater?s Pro Surfer features four different ways to play with Career Mode, Free Surf, Shootout and Head-to-Head. Each mode will unlock new surfers, boards, events videos, secret breaks and secret characters.
- Intuitive Controls and Multiple Camera Modes ? Intuitive play control mechanics for paddling, positioning, catching the wave and making the drop, riding, tricks and carving combine to bring the thrill of surfing home. Multiple camera modes and replay system, with dynamic gameplay, camera zoom-ins, cuts and pans and TV-style presentation and replays, add to the total emersion into the surfing world.
- True to Life Surfing Culture ? True to the sport and lifestyle, using real locations, sponsors, licensed surfboards, wetsuits as well as exclusive video footage like Kelly Slater?s Pro Surf Trip all provided by the premier surf filmmakers Taylor Steele, Sonny Miller, and Ira Opper.
- Ride the waves as nine world-renowned pro surfers in Kelly Slaters Pro Surfer?, an amazingly authentic surfing game for the PlayStation?2 computer entertainment system premiering Spring 2002. The pro line-up includes: six-time world champ Kelly Slater, Lisa Andersen, Tom Carroll, Tom Curren, Nathan Fletcher, Bruce Irons, Rob Machado and Kalani Robb, plus soul surfer Donavon Frankenreiter.