TITLE Just Cause
DEVELOPER Avalanche Studios
US PUBLISHER Eidos Interactive
UK PUBLISHER Eidos Interactive
NORDIC PUBLISHER Eidos Interactive
ONLINE PLAY No
SCREENS ADDED: 17 May-2005
Official Fact Sheet:
In Just Cause, you take on the role of the flamboyant Rico Rodriguez – an undercover CIA operative specialising in regime change – as he tries to overthrow the corrupt government of San Esperito. This rogue South American island is suspected of stockpiling WMDs and it’s your job to negate the threat to world peace. It could be to your advantage that this tropical paradise is about to implode as various factions vie for power – it just needs a gentle nudge in the right direction.
Just Cause offers the freedom to tackle your assignment however you want: play the island’s factions off against one another; incite a rebellion among the masses; or build alliances with rebel forces and drug cartels. The incredibly detailed game world consists of 1,225 sq. miles of mountains, jungles, beaches, cities and villages which can be explored by land, sea and air. And you will have at your disposal one of the most varied and exciting array of vehicles, planes and watercraft ever seen in a video game.
- Massive game world – 32 x 32 km without any loading times, limitations or invisible walls.
- Various environments; big cities, towns, resorts, casinos and many more.
- 100 vehicles; Land, sea and air.
- 25 weapons.
- 20 story missions written by Matt Costello and Neil Richards.
- First game based on the acclaimed Avalanche Engine