TITLE Burnout 3: Takedown
DEVELOPER Criterion Studios
US PUBLISHER Electronic Arts
UK PUBLISHER Electronic Arts
NORDIC PUBLISHER Electronic Arts
ONLINE PLAY Yes
SCREENS ADDED: 12 Aug-2004
SCREENS ADDED: 16 Jul-2004
Official Fact Sheet:
Burnout 3 rewrites the rules of the road and is now driven by a new mantra: Aggressive Racing Required. Racing gamers and adrenaline junkies are invited to get behind the wheel and experience unprecedented speed and action. Use your car as a weapon and battle your way to the front of the pack by taking down rivals and causing spectacular crashes. Vie for first place or indulge your thirst for twisted metal and breathtaking crashes. Live dangerously with a dedicated crash mode that rewards you for creating the most massive pile-ups ever seen in a videogame. With category defining visuals, addictive multiplayer gameplay, and over 100 events spanning 40 tracks, Burnout 3 is a breakneck, adrenaline-fuelled, awe-inspiring racing experience.
- Risk and Reward: Earn boost by taking risks and battling with your competitors – through oncoming traffic, near-misses, tail-gating, getting air and drifting. Grow your boost bar by taking down your competitors-put them in a wall, into traffic, or pile them into the back of an 18 wheel semi truck.
- Crash Mode: Cause wanton destruction in a game mode dedicated to crashing. Gamers are challenged to crash into (and through) busy intersections, creating carnage, and as much damage as possible, unlocking new rewards and more features.
- Race Modes: Featuring 9 different race modes including: Single Race, Tournament, Lap Eliminator, Burning Lap, Road Rage and more.
- Multiplayer Modes: Race off modes including: Quick-line in 8 multiplayer race, Battle Race, Road Rage, and Party Crash, where 2 to 16 players participate in a pass-the-game-controller match up.
- Online Play*: Race online in seven different modes, featuring up to 6 participants on the PlayStation?2 computer entertainment system, battling through full oncoming traffic. Online modes include variations of Crash Mode, Single Race, Road Rage and more.
- Vehicles: Over 70 cars from 12 different classes are available. Choose from European exotics, American muscle cars, mid-size sports sedans, sports cars, compacts, buses, semi trucks, and more.
- Locations: With more than 40 different tracks spanning three continents, players can battle and takedown opponents across a broad range of conditions and environments, as well as experiencing dozens of unique crash junctions.
- Spectacular crash technology: Burnout 3 features highly sophisticated crash technology that recreates high speed crashes with extreme detail and allows the player to use their car as a weapon and take-out rivals, controlling the car even after crashing.