TITLE World in Conflict: Soviet Assault
DEVELOPER Massive Entertainment
US PUBLISHER N/A
UK PUBLISHER N/A
NORDIC PUBLISHER N/A
ONLINE PLAY Yes
SCREENS ADDED: 14 Apr-2008
SCREENS ADDED: 04 Jul-2007
Official Fact Sheet:
Developed by Massive Entertainment, in conjunction with Swordfish Studios, World in Conflict: Soviet Assault brings the groundbreaking action-strategy gameplay of 2007?s ?Best Strategy Game,? World in Conflict, to the console audience with all new single-player and multiplayer content, innovative new features, and a completely re-invented design that maximizes the proven gameplay for the console experience.
World in Conflict: Soviet Assault is a true genre-bender ? merging elements of strategy, first-person-shooter and action games ? that effectively carves out a new ?Action-Strategy? genre in gaming ? a genre that has proven to appeal to all kinds of video game players, from action junkies to first-person-shooter enthusiasts to strategy purists.
This unique cross-genre design and universal appeal is what led global media to make World in Conflict the most critically lauded strategy game of 2007. The game swept the ?Best Strategy? awards during E3 2007, claimed countless ?Editor?s Choice? commendations from the world?s top reviewers, and was the clear choice as ?Best Strategy Game of 2007? during the end of year awards season.
- More of the Best Award-Winning Gameplay: World in Conflict: Soviet Assault contains all of the award-winning content from 2007?s World in Conflict PC game, as well as all new single-player and multiplayer action.
- Optimized For The Console Audience: World in Conflict: Soviet Assault has been re-invented with innovative new features, content and controls ? all designed with the console gamer in mind. The game is optimized with streamlined interfaces and commands to maximize the gameplay on both the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3.
- Real World Super-Powered Warfare: Unleash the authentic military arsenals of the great military superpowers, such as tanks, planes, trucks, troops and helicopters — as well as nuclear weapons — from the USA, Soviet Union and NATO.
- Action-Focused Gameplay: The game?s unique design removes base-building, resource gathering and ?tech trees? in favor of fast, hard-hitting combat that focuses on tactical decisions ? much like an FPS ? creating a new genre: Action-Strategy.
- Best Strategy Multiplayer on Console: World in Conflict: Soviet Assault?s award-winning multiplayer modes will support head-to-head and team-based battles in Domination, Tug-of-War and Assault.
- Player Roles: Players will play as Infantry, Armor, Support, or Air specialists; multiplayer teams will need to master each role for maximum effectiveness.
- Bleeding-Edge Graphics: The latest version of Massive?s proprietary Masstech engine features advanced lighting and physics, and allows for free 3D camera control.
- Complete Destructibility: As the battle rages, the world environment pays the price as every object ? houses, trees and more — crumbles under the force of war.
- Accessibility: World in Conflict: Soviet Assault?s design, control scheme and free 3D camera make its action-strategy gameplay accessible to traditional strategy fans as well as fans of other genres, like action and FPS, who are looking for something new.